I planned to make a series of birds from the cart, including the heron and the humming bird and a series of bugs including my favorite Cricut bee. Since the challenge at BBTB2 this week is to include a bee on a project, I started with the bugs!
Since I only had ONE piece of weathered barn cardstock, I pulled out my Imagine and printed this grey birch looking pattern from the "Snapshot: Nature" cart. I used the base shadow box cut that came with the alphabet cuts from 3D Cuts and lined it with grey paper from the DCWV Shimmer stack.
I mounted my bugs on a doily cut from Artiste inked with TH Antique Linen. I also used some TH rub ons in an attempt to make the pieces look more like specimens rather than art nouveau. Hmmm. Not sure that worked!
Here are the pieces:-
And mounted on the wall:-
Here's a close up of the moth:-
Thanks for visiting with me today. Time to get some yard work done before it gets too hot. : ) Christine